A summary of the week’s highs, lows, and in betweens…
Mantras I spoke this week:
- May I set up the conditions that will help me be successful in my intentions.
- May I remember all the good things people have given me in my life (smiles that brightened my day, anecdotes that made me laugh, words that encouraged me, money that helped when I really needed it) and Pay It Forward.
- May I do the work I need to do in order to live an intentional and purposeful life, rooted in my deepest values.
- May I continue to awaken myself.
This week was a lot of reminders to bring forth my best self, who is always present but needs some prodding on (most) occasions to be manifested.
Best podcasts I listened to this week:
- On Being interview with Mirabai Bush. I listened to this episode after I posted Road Tripping Through Life, but it’s kinda the same thing. Living a contemplative life – there are many different paths. There isn’t just one way to do it and to awaken your truest, best self. Find your path.
- Good Life Project interview with Kara Yar Khan. This is a great interview to inspire you to be grateful for all the wondrous miracles of your life. It’s not just about having the fanciest car or the cutest shoes. It’s about being happy with what you have, loving your life, and living to the fullest.
My Wrist of Intentions:
These bracelets are my daily notes to self. I bought the Love bracelet a while back and made the other two this week. These bracelets don’t come off (okay, they can, but I haven’t taken them off). They run with me, shower with me, sleep with me, do everything with me. And every time I look at my wrist, I’m reminded of some very important truths/life lessons.
Gratitude this week:
- Deepak/Oprah 21-Day Meditation Experience. The current meditation series is Manifesting Grace Through Gratitude. Love.
- Relationship Harmony. My husband and I are working on our relationship dynamics (which were in a state of total suckiness) and I’m amazed how little effort it has taken on both our parts to be more loving, kind, and compassionate with each other.
- Pay It Forward project. Over the past year, I sent gifts to 6 women friends/acquaintances of mine. Some big, some small, all were thought out and sent with love. What a phenomenal experience for me.
- Running on Wood Mulch. I went for a run today and city workers had laid down wood mulch in part of the Englischer Garten. I have never run on mulch before, but it was so soft and springy. And it smelled so earthy. It was in a part of the park right by the surfers, with a green canopy of tree coverage. I seriously had a “Wow, happiness!” moment.
- Girlfriend Love. I get to see several of my closest friends in August. One is coming to visit in 10 days. And then a few days after she and her family leave, I’ll fly to the States for a month (thank you, sweet baby Jesus!). I won’t go to Texas but to my mom’s other home in North Carolina, where a couple of my friends are flying from Texas to see me. It will be like grown up girl camp for a week, and I can’t wait!
That’s what I’m musing about this week. What about you?
- What did you tell yourself this week to inspire you, motivate you, or help you on your path?
- What words of wisdom has someone else (through reading, a podcast, a talk) shared with you?
- What are you grateful for in your life?